For professional and hobbyist photographers, SPAO offers a wide variety of part-time courses, workshops, safaris and master classes. Each semester we offer a set of core courses in classic black-and-white and digital photography, analogue and electronic darkroom processing, and lighting. Special interest topics, Workshops, and Safaris vary from semester to semester.
Courses are offered at Basic, Intermediate and Advanced levels and class sizes are kept small in order to ensure personal attention and growth. New course listings are available online in November, February and July for the following semester's classes.
Courses have limited enrolment in order to ensure quality instruction. SPAO reserves the right to alter course schedules and/or change instructors if necessary.
2017 FALL offerings
- Epoxy Resin
- *NEW* Street Work - class full! email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
- *NEW* Challenges
- Darkroom I: Film Photography Bootcamp - class full! email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
- Darkroom II: Intermediate/Advanced Black and White - only 1 spot left!
- *NEW* Alternative Processes: Creating Wet Plate Collodion and Tintype - class full! email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
- Digital Photography I: Foundation - spots left in sessions C & D!
- Digital Photography II: Beyond the Basics
- *NEW* Digital Post-Production I: Foundation - class full! email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
- Advanced Digital Printmaking - class full! email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
- Speedlite I
- Speedlite II
- Food Photography - class full! email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
Email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist for a class that is full.
The School of the Photographic Arts: Ottawa draws on the experience and expertise of a wide variety of photographers, artists, critics, historians, and arts professionals. SPAO faculty includes artists and professionals who are active in their fields of expertise. Courses draw on individual instructors’ knowledge and experience.
To register, click the "PAY NOW" button at the bottom of the course page or contact us at 613.562.3824 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Reserve early to ensure your place in a course. Only full payment will reserve your place in a class. NOTE: Upon registration, you will be added to our email list. Please let us know if you prefer not to receive emails from SPAO.
Methods of payment accepted are credit card, debit, cash and cheque. Cheques not honoured by the bank will be subject to a $30.00 NSF charge.
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND POLICY
Enrolment in courses and workshops is limited. Once you have registered, your participation is important to us; we are counting on you to attend.
To receive a full refund (less a $55.00 administration fee) you must withdraw at least seven days prior to the first class. We will not refund students who withdraw less than seven days before the first class begins. Any refunds will be placed on a SPAO gift certificate, and can be used in the future.
SPAO offers courses for the beginner, intermediate and advanced photographer alike, and welcomes students of all ages (with some restrictions). Call, email or drop in to give the gift of SPAO. 613.562.3824 or email@example.com.