NOTE TO PART-TIME STUDENTS: PART-TIME CLASSES TAKING PLACE IN THE MEDIA LAB WILL BE TAKING PLACE AT 54 NORMAN ST.
REFER TO THE WEB PAGE OF YOUR CLASS TO FIND OUT THE LOCATION OF YOUR CLASS - EMAIL PART-TIME@SPAO.CA WITH ANY QUESTIONS!
For professional and hobbyist photographers, SPAO offers a wide variety of part-time courses, workshops, safaris and master classes. Each semester we offer a set of core courses in classic black-and-white and digital photography, analogue and electronic darkroom processing, and lighting. Special interest topics, Workshops, and Safaris vary from semester to semester.
Courses are offered at Basic, Intermediate and Advanced levels and class sizes are kept small in order to ensure personal attention and growth. New course listings are available online in November, February and July for the following semester's classes.
Courses have limited enrolment in order to ensure quality instruction. SPAO reserves the right to alter course schedules and/or change instructors if necessary.
SUMMER 2018 OFFERINGS
- Masterclass: Portrait Concepts - class is full! email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the wait list.
- Masterclass: Capture to Print with Michael Tardioli - class is full! email email@example.com to be added to the wait list.
- Masterclass: Inkjet Printmaking with Michael Tardioli - spots left!
- DEEPER: a Masterclass with Tony Fouhse
- *NEW* Masterclass: Portraiture as Experience
- Darkroom I: Film Photography Bootcamp - new session added on Monday nights!
- *NEW* Darkroom: Open Session
DIGITAL / INKJET
- Digital Photography I: Foundation - spots left in sessions C & D!
- Digital Post-Production I: Foundation
- Photoshop I
- Lightroom I
- Wet Plate Collodion Tintypes with Paul Elter
- Street Work - class is full! email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the wait list.
- Summer Shoots
- Everything Macro
- How to Shoot Video with a DSLR
- Summer Youth Camps
Email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist for a class that is full.
The School of the Photographic Arts: Ottawa draws on the experience and expertise of a wide variety of photographers, artists, critics, historians, and arts professionals. SPAO faculty includes artists and professionals who are active in their fields of expertise. Courses draw on individual instructors’ knowledge and experience.
To register, click the "PAY NOW" button at the bottom of the course page or contact us at 613.562.3824 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Reserve early to ensure your place in a course. Only full payment will reserve your place in a class.
Methods of payment accepted are credit card, debit, cash and cheque. Cheques not honoured by the bank will be subject to a $30.00 NSF charge.
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND POLICy
Enrolment in courses and workshops is limited. Once you have registered, your participation is important to us; we are counting on you to attend.
To receive a full refund (less a $55.00 administration fee) you must withdraw at least seven days prior to the first class. We will not refund students who withdraw less than seven days before the first class begins. Any refunds will be placed on a SPAO gift certificate, and can be used in the future.
SPAO offers courses for the beginner, intermediate and advanced photographer alike, and welcomes students of all ages (with some restrictions). Call, email or drop in to give the gift of SPAO. 613.562.3824 or email@example.com.